I always tried to offer my daughter a various range of meals. Sometimes online recipes inspires me, but mostly I am creating my own by using the ingredients available in the house.
Today a delicious risotto with sweet potato creamy sauce and other vegetables is ready for lunch.
- 50 gr risotto rise;
- 300 ml water;
- puree from 1 small sweet potato;
- 1 ts butter from the fridge;
- 20 ml milk – usually I would use 50 ml cooking cream, but this time I had just milk in my fridge, so is no drama if you will use milk;
- 1 handful frozen vegetables – I used baby carrots, peas and corn; you can use whatever you like or have available in your freezer.
- Parmesan as much as you like;
- fresh parsley;
- Boil the rise in 300 ml of water and meanwhile steam the potato to be ready for making the puree.
- Blend the steamed potato together with butter and milk and set aside.
- Add to the boiling water and rise the frozen vegetables and boil till soft.
- Pour the potato-Parmesan creamy sauce over the rise, cook for another 2 minutes.
- Season with pepper or any spices you like;
- Decorate with fresh parsley and grated Parmesan before serving.
We had ready two big portions of risotto. One served hot and fresh, the other one I kept it in the fridge for next day.
Enjoy my risotto recipe, is very easy to make.