Semolina Dumplings Soup is frequently cooked in South Eastern Europe.
In my family is very important to have soups included in our diet. I personally grew up with a various range of soups and now I cook them for my daughter too. They are very healthy and is always helping your child to recover during the cold days or when gets sick.
The recipe is very easy, just follow the steps below:
- 3,5 l chicken stock or water
- 2 onions
- 3 carrots
- 1 potato
- a lot of fresh parsley
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 7 full tbs (table spoons) semolina
- 250 ml cold water
- Add whole pilled onions, sliced carrots, diced potato into the chicken stock and boil until vegetables are soft enough.
- Meanwhile beat the 2 whole eggs until frothy and mix them with 1 tbs olive oil and pour the semolina powder little by little, then set aside.
- After vegetables are boiled, take the onions out, we don’t need them anymore. Season with pepper or any other spices for soups. We don’t use salt, but if you wish you can season with salt too.
- While soup is boiling, take a table spoon, a small bowl of cold water and prepare the dumplings. Wet the tablespoon in cold water and then form dumplings with it. Add them into the soup by keeping the spoon inside the boiling water for few seconds until the dumpling separates and falls from the spoon. Repeat the procedure until all dumplings have been formed.
- Immediately poor over them 250 ml of cold water, cover with a lid and let them boil for 30 minute. Turn them after first 15 minutes.
- Season with a lot of parsley and serve hot.