I am very happy to share with you our falafel recipe. My daughter likes it a lot and is very tasty for adults as well. Just prepare a salad and have a meal together with you little toddler.
The falafel balls gets a crunchy crust but keep soft inside. Very good to be served hot or cold. A great finger food choice for any child.
We keep what is left in the fridge and serve them next day for breakfast, just cold as it it from the fridge.
♥ My ingredients:
- 350 gr carrot puree
- 1 ts olive oil plus 1tbs for baking
- 165 gr cooked chickpeas
- 1 ts cumin powder
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 ts coriander powder
- fresh parsley as much as possible
♥ My Method:
- Steam or boil the carrots and prepare a puree.
- Blend the cooked chickpeas together with 1ts olive oil into a food processor for 1 minute.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Keep the mixture in the fridge for 30 minute. Sometimes if I am in hurry I skip this procedure but is preferred.
- Prepare small balls with a spoon or directly with your hand, place falafels on a sheet pan and refrigerate for another 30 minutes.
- Heat a large pan to medium heat and add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Place falafels into the pan and cook for about 3-5 minutes on each side, until browned and heated through.
I have to admit that we eat them too. Just quickly prepare a salad, add your favorite sauce and enjoy your meal.