If you will ask me what I like the most about food and cooking – I will definitely say “unexpected combinations”! As I am not a big fan of soups it should be something very special to catch me…
So when I heard about mint-pea soup I immediately said “I do!!!” ♥
I believe you going to like it as much as I did, especially that this receipt is really easy to make.
♥ My Ingredients:
- 450 gr frozen peas
- 1 big potato
- 1 big onion
- Approx. 1 liter of vegetable stock or boiled water
- 4 tbsp. of yogurt or cream (I used 15% fat cream)
- 1 handful of mint
- Salt, pepper, Italian mix spices
♥ My Method:
- Peal and cut the onion and potato into a small pieces.
- Put some oil into a large saucepan and saute (fry) onion and potato for a few minutes.
- Then add frozen peas and stir the vegetable stock or boiling water in.
- Bring it to the boil. Add mint and spices and let it boil for approx 20 min (till potato and peas are soft).
- Add yogurt or cream and let it boil for few more minutes.
- Let the soup cool down and process it with the blender.
Voila! Fast and easy! And of course very tasty! ♥
Best served with cheesy bread and fresh mint leaves. Enjoy!