May – June is the season for asparagus , so you shall find it in all shops, even Miletičova open market. It may be either green or white and its fast to cook. I chose to cook it in the oven, so I spend less time watching the stove.
My version of cooking asparagus is not new, just wanted to share it with you as a fast dinner .
♥ My Ingredients
- 1 bunch asparagus – 500 gr.
- 2 boxes of 100 gr. thin sliced bacon
- 50 gr Parmesan
- 50 gr butter
- juice from half lemon
- a bit of fresh green parsley
- a pinch of salt
- 1 white baguette
♥ My Method
- Cut the lower parts of the asparagus , like 2-3 cm, and kept the softest part of the bunch.
- Add them in boiling water with salt for maximum 3-4 minutes, and take them out in a bowl with cold water. Leave them cool a bit, then dry them in a paper towel.
- In a larger oven tray, lay cooking paper, and then put the asparagus rolled in bacon.
- Each slice of bacon should be cut in two on the length. Roll one asparagus in half slice. Continue until you wrap all asparagus you have.
- Asparagus is already softened from the boiling, so I leave it in the oven only 15-20 minutes, so that the bacon gets a bit crispy and changes its color.
- Added grated Parmesan in the last minutes of baking, to get a salty taste.
- For serving, I prepared a simple sauce, by melting in a pan 50 gr. butter, adding one big clove of mashed garlic, half lemon juice and a pinch of salt. If you like parsley, add chopped parsley in the sauce.
We served it with white toasted baguette. Our daughter eats one piece without bacon. She usually eats more slices of toast with butter sauce.