I know if I don’t share my pumpkin soup recipe, some people will ‘kill’ me…
Who doesn’t like pumpkin in autumn? …I don’t know, but I love it! I love pumpkin cooked in any way and there is no autumn without pumpkin soup, that is a clear thing!
When I decided to put all ingredients together I was looking how master chefs does it and I found inspiration in Gordon Ramsay’s pumpkin soup with wild mushroom recipe.
What I am going to share is more or less similar but… still different.
Find my version bellow:
♥ My Ingredients:
- 1 medium pumpkin, approx 1 kg;
- coriander powder
- 1 garlic head
- 4 mint leafes
- 15 ml olive oil;
- wrinkled aluminium foil;
- 50 gr. parmesan;
- 1 tsp all spices;
- 50 gr butter;
- 1 chopped onion;
- 2 liters stock soup or water;
- 125 ml mushroom flavored cooking cream;
- slices of parmesan;
♥ My Method:
- Clean and cut the pumpkin in cubes and add them into a pan, sprinkle with coriander, approx 1 tbs, add rosemary, mint, drizzle the olive oil, cut the garlic in half and mix all together.
- Take aluminium foil, wrinkle it and place it onto just as you would use a pot lid. We are going to bake all these into the pan. It will bake very easy, stir from time to time, 15 min and is ready.
- Take the garlic out and set it aside.
- Add grated parmesan, the tea-spoon of all spices and mix all together with baked pumpkin. Set aside.
- Prepare a pot, melt the butter and cook the chopped onion for 4-5 minutes, add the cleaned garlic cloves, cook 2 more minutes and then add the pumpkin blend.
- If you don’t have soup stock, just use water, is good enough. So add water/stock as much as you need to make it creamy, and blend it with a blender. If you are not familiar with the cream soups, don’t add too much water from the begin. Pour just one liter and after is blended, add more until you have your cream soup as you like. Doesn’t need to be too sticky nor too watery. Try it with a spoon, when will have good consistency, your soup will lightly stick on the spoon.
- At the end stir with mushroom flavored cream, if you don’t have that, no worries, use normal double cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil and serve hot with parmesan and drizzled pesto sauce.